Domestic Package Insurance
Being a package policy, it has a number of covers under it to cater for different insurable interests in private homes;
- Building Section : It covers residential buildings including landlords’ fixtures, fittings, walls, gate and fences, all on the same premises against fire, natural causes, human causes such as riot, strike and malicious damage, explosion and Miscellaneous causes such as bursting and overflowing of water tanks, apparatus, pipes and impact by road vehicles and animals.
- Contents Section : It covers furniture, household goods and personal effects of every description, the property of the insured or that of any member of his family normally residing with him, fixtures and fittings of the insured’s or for which he is legally responsible
- All Risks section : This covers accidental damage and theft to specified portable items which are carried outside the house such as cameras, laptops, radio, jewelry, etc.
- WIBA Section : This covers domestic servants such as house helps, watchmen, gardeners and drivers in respect of injury, death or disease arising out of and in the course of employment.
The cover is mandatory for all employers as per the Work Injury Benefit Act (WIBA).
- Owners’/Occupiers’ Liability Section : This section covers the home owner or occupier against legal liability of third parties for accidental bodily injury and accidental loss of or damage to property.